Monday, December 3, 2012

Final thanks

Okay, so I know November is over, and I should be done with these, but today was a trying day. And in days like that, focusing on the good is sometimes all you can do to try to rescue the day.

So, here is what I'm thankful for.

First, I am thankful for the safety of my husband. Yesterday, Ed had a very unfortunate run in with a deer in his way to his run. It literally jumped right in front of him, giving him no time to react. His first concern was of course to the deer, whom his car had hit pretty hard. It figures that in all his years driving through redwood forests where deer abound he never had any issues, but driving through the desert this happens. He didn't think about his car until hours later (after he had told the park about the deer so the sheriff could be contacted to help the deer), which'll need a decent amount if work. And he never thought of himself. Having heard of people in similar situations who got hurt or even died in such accidents, I am so thankful that Ed is completely fine and that he handled this so well. Hopefully the Prius will recover.

I am thankful I have a job. With mostly wonderful students who are lovely and sweet and who brighten my day.

I am also thankful for holiday decorations, as It was about the one thing that lifted my spirits when I got home. You can't help but smile at Christmas lights. Especially when you have put them up yourself (with your wonderful husband).

So here's my beautiful fireplace that is warming my spirits, if not our home ( gas fireplaces aren't very warm). May tomorrow be one of those days that lifts the spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment