Monday, February 4, 2013

Weekday Beauty

Last week was a tough week. Fingers are crossed that this one will be better, and I'm pretty confident that it will be. It has to be.

However, there were some lovely highlights. First, at the end of a 2 hour training (that I was not super excited to be attending, despite its helpfulness), I walked outside to see this:


This photo doesn't even do the sunset close to justice. The whole sky was literally ablaze in this gorgeous fluorescent pink/orange light. It was spectacular and put a huge smile on my face as I drove home. 

The other moment of loveliness this week was making it to the library after work on Wednesday. 


Not only did I get a new book on tape and some other books to read, but I decided to indulge myself in a walk around the riparian preserve. 



It was so nice to be outside in nature, and I've decided I need to make this a routine - it's not even all that much longer driving here instead of home, since it's not far off the freeway, and it is so beautiful. 


So, it made a lovely end to the day. 


While a beautiful sunset is out of my control, going to a beautiful place certainly isn't. So, my goal this week is to find these moments of beauty for myself by trying to spend more time outside enjoying this infamous Phoenix winter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment