Saturday, February 8, 2014

29 Weeks

 
("Your little boy has certainly been growing a lot lately!" - Well phrased comment from a coworker)

Thankfulness: I am thankful for beautiful Saturdays. Ed has been doing professional development the last 3 Saturdays, which has allowed me to indulge in full days of yoga, napping, and reading. And, I'm so thankful for the lovely winter we've had, and the arrival of spring - definitely the best Arizona season. 

How Far Along? 29 weeks - one more until that wonderful 30! Can't believe it's been over 2 months since we found out Evan was a boy - 20 weeks was such a huge milestone and we're so much past that now. 

Size of the Baby? An acorn squash. He should be over 2.5 lbs and around 15 inches. 



Sleep? Eh. Couple of nights of insomnia, coupled with a couple nights where I was waking up every 1-2 hours means I am a lot more tired. Hope we can just go back to 3 times a night :). 

Eating? Food journaling has actually been helping. I've been eating a lot more protein and have set a "goal" of one dessert food a day. Maybe that's still unhealthy, but it's helpful. We have some yummy ice cream treats at work, so that's been my choice, usually, but it's helped me pass up donuts in the workroom and just stick with some berries for an evening dessert. 

Exercise:  I finally faced my fears and headed back to the gym. Had to drink a ton of water while I was there, but I successfully did 40 minutes of walking plus weights. Got to yoga twice, and went on a few walks with Ed. Sciatica has started reappearing, but I'm hopeful that the yoga will keep it manageable. 

Best Moment? Probably officially telling work that I will likely be taking next year off on leave. I'd talked to human resources about it a few weeks ago, but I finally let my principal know, which is a huge weight off. It also lets me start feeling excited that in a little over two months, I will be done! Work is definitely getting harder, so I am really thankful that, so long as little boy doesn't arrive early, I'll have a couple of weeks to get lots of naps and rest.

Milestones: Starting our Bradley classes! We had our first class Monday and really enjoyed it. There are 3 other couples, though only 2 were able to come to the class. It was a lot of introductions, both to one another and to the program. We talked about how we currently handle pain, the goals of the program, and got to practice the key exercises we'll be doing daily, as well as learn about the food journaling. It is a bit of a drive to get out there (about 30 minutes) so it makes for a long and late Monday (we got home about 9:45), but I am feeling very happy that we chose to do this. If nothing else, it will help me to have a healthier last trimester of pregnancy and feel more prepared going into labor. It's also nice to meet other couples due right around where we are. 

Mommy Update:  I've discovered I can't get too confident with this whole pregnancy thing. I got bit by that, both with sleep and with the contractions. I'm still able to be relaxed about them, but did have a period one night where they were coming every 6 minutes for a while. I just need to accept that things will be happening that I can't control, but I should trust that it's very unlikely something will actually start going wrong. 

In general, I am so very happy to be this far in the pregnancy. Despite the emergence of some less than fun symptoms that make me much more uncomfortable, I absolutely love being in the 3rd trimester, feeling Evan moving around so much, and the peace of mind that even though we want him to stay in there for a long time yet, he could be born now without too many long term health issues. I feel like I can start getting excited about his arrival and believe that we'll really be having a baby in a few months :). 

Baby Update:  Evan should be getting closer to his final length, and will start focusing on just putting on weight. He movements have become a little more quiet, but still there plenty. When I'm awake in the middle of the night, he is usually moving around, which makes me feel like I have company. His lungs should be fully developed and the fat deposits he's developing are giving him extra energy. I've been trying to figure out his position from his movements, but I am just confused. He was transverse at our last appointment, but I'm hoping he's maybe moved into head down. We should find out at our appointment this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment