Saturday, June 14, 2014

Flashback: Celebrating Mother's Day

With Father's Day just around the corner, I realized that I never shared how I spent Mother's Day! It was absolutely perfect.


It started with Ed and Sabine watching Evan in the morning so that I could sleep in (as much as an always hungry baby lets you). After I got up and got Evan fed, I got to dress him up in his little overalls, which are my favorite. 


Ed and Sabine made a fantastic breakfast while I cuddled with Evan, which we enjoyed outside while our little boy slept next to us in the swing. 


Then, we headed inside for presents!


 I was spoiled, with lovely picture frames from both my mom and friends Bill and Jenny, some kitchen supplies from my mom, a Kindle/amazon gift card from Sabine, many lovely cards, and a beautiful diamond necklace (Evan's birthstone) from Ed (you can just make it out in the picture above. 

After gifts, we skyped/facetimed with both my side of the family and with Ed's, which was wonderful. We especially enjoyed getting to see niece Amelia, niece Meagan and nephew Matthew. Technology is a wonderful thing!

Much of the rest of the morning was spent getting some wonderful cuddles from my sleepy little boy. 


Sabine wonderfully offered to babysit so that Ed and I could go out for Mother's Day lunch. 


I'll admit, I was pretty nervous. However, we went to the sushi place that is literally a 3 minute drive from our house, and had a fantastic meal. I greatly enjoyed my special mother's day wine ($0.99 for moms), and some very yummy sushi. 


Plus, getting some quality time with the love of my life was pretty wonderful, too. 


 The rest of the day was more Evan cuddling and relaxing, and generally just getting to enjoy being the mom to the best little boy there ever was. I have wanted to be a mother almost my entire life (my mom tells me that, before her expert revision help, my college essay was basically an essay about why I wanted to be a mom. She helped me turn it into why I wanted to be a teacher, which ended up pretty spot on :) ). Part of me worried that since I had built up motherhood so much in my mind, the reality might fall a bit short.

Ends up, it's even better than I imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment