Thursday, October 31, 2013

Throwback Thursday: Our First Ultrasound!

[I have lots of blog posts that I need to get caught up on, so I'm going to make a goal of trying to get at least one up every Thursday :). We'll see how it goes! This was originally written 9-26-13]

As I was driving to work today, I was actually overcome with emotion when I thought back to our doctor appointment yesterday. Now, granted, the hormones do sometimes get the best of me, but seeing our baby for the first time was definitely one of the major highlights of my life.



Ed thankfully was able to take the time to join me at the appointment, and I am so thankful that we got to share this experience together. It was definitely surreal to be getting an ultrasound, when I've only ever seen it in tv and movies, and even more surreal when within a few minutes, a little baby appeared on the screen. The video feed actually showed up on a large screen on the wall, so we both had a great view of our little one.


We could see the heart beating at 175 bpm, and she even turned on the sound so we got to hear it! Our little baby wiggled around for us, which was amazing. The technician (Kelley), flipped a setting and showed us its blood being pumped by the heart! Up until this point, we have been feeling very cautious about this pregnancy, because it was just so hard to believe it was really happening. I think seeing a healthy, happy baby made us feel much more secure.

Afterwards, I had to give some blood and then had an appointment with my regular doctor, which all went well. It was fun to hear Ed be called "dad" by the doctor, and it was nice to get the positive reassurance that things looked good. We'll get to see the baby again in 3 weeks at our 12 week scan, and we can't wait :).

Ed and I decided to go celebrate by having a dinner date a Pita Jungle.

Sitting outside overlooking the lake (under misters), we felt so very fortunate, as we were able to start envisioning this little once actually becoming a sweet little baby.


1 comment:

  1. Love these posts! So fun to hear all the details and see your changing body! Dad and I are so excited for you and Ed. You will be amazing parents!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete