Saturday, January 11, 2014

25 Weeks

 
("Mrs. Lyon, are you having a baby? I noticed because your tummy was getting really big!" - a random 3rd grader at school)

Thankfulness: I am so thankful for my husband. He has been so wonderfully sweet handling my pregnancy nerves, putting up with my 8:30 bedtimes, and even making me breakfast on my first day back at work on Monday. He's also been very cute, "talking" to Evan and continuing to play him favorite songs (Evan was apparently not impressed with his first John Williams experience. We'll have to try again later :) ). 

How Far Along?  25 weeks. Two weeks until 3rd trimester! 

Size of the Baby? A cauliflower! Definitely some changes to the numbers this week. He should be at least an inch past a foot and more than 1.5 pounds (and maybe closer to two!)

Sleep? Overall, a lot better. I'm now getting used to getting up a minimum of twice a night and am able to fall back asleep pretty easily. I did have one morning where I woke up at 5:30, but that was probably because I went to bed at 8:30 the night before. I am just trying to be more accepting in general of these interruptions - good practice, right?


Eating? We did a good job of eating paleo for all our dinners (besides a date night), and have been slowing cutting back on the junk food. I bought some chocolate covered bananas from costco that have been a great dessert and have officially decided to be done with the rest of the Christmas candy, which feels nice. I *may* still be indulging in my jar of nutella, but since I'm having it with fruit, I feel like it's okay :). I'm fairly certain I'll be scheduling my gestational diabetes test at my appointment Wednesday, and am hoping that I'll be in the clear for that!

Exercise: I did great! Finally got back to my goal of 5 days a week, and I made up the yoga I missed last weekend by going to a class Wednesday night. I did decide not to run when I went to the gym Thursday - things are just getting a bit more uncomfortable, so that phase of pregnancy may be over. I am looking into getting a support band, though. I also did about 10 minutes of weights Thursday, which was really nice. It had been a long time!


Our short but sweet hike on the Waterfall Trail! We did this after Ed ran a half marathon (because he's awesome like that). I thought about doing it by myself, but it was only 40 degrees in the morning, and I decided to just hang out and read while Ed was running. We had a really nice hike, though!

I've started wearing a hydration vest when we hike, which I love. I never have to worry about getting dehydrated during the hike :).

The waterfall! Not much more than a trickle, but how fun would it be to see this when it was in full capacity.

Beautiful view!

Best Moment? Probably seeing Ed run his race and going on our hike together. I keep saying this, but I just love being outdoors and active with Ed. Especially with our beautiful weather. 


Milestones: Hmm...it's been a pretty quiet week. I have my next midwife appointment Wednesday, and am looking forward to discussing these Braxton Hicks with her, since they are still bothering me. I did take care of some pregnancy related business this past week - got the process started for FMLA, short term disability, getting a long term sub, scheduling a hospital visit, checking in on my medical insurance, etc. It was so nice to have no work during a work day to make lots and lots of phone calls. 

Mommy Update: It was a pretty good week back at work, surprisingly! I am definitely a bit more tired than I was before break, and got many, many comments about how much I grew over break :). The contractions actually calmed down for the middle of the week, which was lovely, though they came back with a vengeance on Friday. I had report cards due this week, so it's great to be done with those, and also to not be tutoring any more. 

Baby Update:  This seems to be a quieter week, in terms of baby milestones. He keeps gaining fat and hair and is even more aware of his equilibrium. For some doctors, this week marks a last trimester of sorts, since Evan has reached viability and now is just getting bigger and fatter :). He finally had a night of movement intense enough that Ed got to feel him kick, which was wonderful. In general, though, he seems like a pretty calm baby, and still has pretty soft flutters. Hopefully I'll be able to feel him more intensely soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment