Wednesday, January 22, 2014

26 Weeks

(Tired much? Driving 14 hours over the span of 3 days will do that to you. Technically, this picture is about 4 days "late" - my photographer was out of town:) )

And for fun, a comparison shot. Funny how "big" I thought I was at 16 weeks!


 


Thankfulness: I am thankful to finally be writing this post :). Considering tomorrow I'm techically 27 weeks, I'm more than a little late on this. Between the 3 day weekend, and some busyness and excitement, it's not until now that I've had the time or inclination to sit down and do a blog post. 

How Far Along? 26 weeks. Last week in 2nd trimester

Size of the Baby? A cabbage. Baby  Evan should be about 2 pounds now :)


Sleep? In general, fewer nights of insomnia. I'm still waking up about 2 times a night, but usually can fall back asleep pretty easily. Hips are getting more sore from sleeping, and I've actually gotten tired of using my pregnancy pillow, so I've been switching off using it. 


Eating? Eh...about the same. I'm not sure I'll ever get real cravings like they stereotype - definitely haven't experienced this yet. Still working towards paleo when we can. 

Exercise: Well, it's gotten a bit harder. We opted for a walk around the Riparian preserve instead of a true hike this week. I did walk at the gym some and did some yoga.

Best Moment? We had our Family Circle appointment, which was nice. It's so fun to get to hear Evan's heartbeat and see how everyone in the group is growing :). We all definitely look pregnant now. Our "focus" was prenatal yoga and doulas, and one of the yoga instructors from my yoga studio was there. She was super informative about the benefits of yoga (and some positions in particular).

Milestones: Not too much happened this week, which I suppose is a good thing :). 

Mommy Update: Work was pretty tough and tiring this week. I did bow out of an after school meeting in favor of resting at home, which I think was a good call. I'm finding I need to be slowing down a lot more. Continuing to get contractions every day, but since they are staying random, all should be well. 

Baby Update:  Evan continues to look more and more like a real newborn baby. His eyelashes are growing nicely, and his immune system is getting ready for outdoor life. He's also taking lots of practice breaths. 

No comments:

Post a Comment