Thursday, July 12, 2012

A New Place to Work

After plenty of reorganization, this is our new and improved loft space!


We decided to utilize those upper shelves, left from the previous owner, instead of taking them down. When you put books on them, they actually make the room feel much more library-ish. Hopefully we'll acquire enough books to fill up the whole other shelf eventually :). The bookcases in the middle add a nice divide for my "office space."


Can I just say how much I love my office? The desk took 3 trips to Ikea to procure (once to find out they had only 1 of the 2 boxes, once to get the desk, and once to get the 3 important pieces they left out). The plus side of having to make all those visits was that on the 3rd one I stumbled upon this chair in the "As is" section of the store!

HENRIKSDAL Chair IKEA Seat filled with polyester wadding and high back for enhanced seating comfort.

Normally $100, it was on sale for 35% off since it was a floor sample. It was a little wobbly, but I was confident that could be fixed easily, so I went on impulse and brought it home. I'm thrilled with how it dresses up my desk and how comfy it is.


I also got myself a new calendar (that will eventually go up on the wall) and a lovely lamp that reminds me of a library. Eventually, I'd like to get something (either a whiteboard or a print) to go in front of my desk, and a bright colored rug to define the space a little more.

It's had it's inaugural use, with two hours of classroom website design, and it was perfect! I love having my own, calm, non-distracting space :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! I'd love to have my own workspace but we have to share which is hard because I like a clean workspace and my husband keeps the computer desk piled high with "stuff."

    ReplyDelete