Monday, May 30, 2011

The End of our Cherries

After much patience, our cherry tree had cherries that looked about ready to eat! 




Ed and I were very excited, and decided to give them just a few more days to ripen. 

However, "disaster" struck when I went out next. Where there used to be all the beautiful cherries you see above, I saw this:


Apparently we weren't the only ones eyeing the cherries - something had come and eaten all the good ones. 

All, except this one:


It probably wasn't perfectly ripe, but I wasn't taking any chances. I brought it in and later Ed and I shared it - half for each of us. It was tasty (though it didn't have a lot of flesh), and it was very fun to eat something that we grew. 

The next day, all the cherries had been eaten off the tree. 

So ends cherry season at the Lyon home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment