Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Heading Back!

I have some excellent news that I've been sitting on for a while, waiting for everything to be "official."

I'm heading back to Elementary School!!!!!

While this year has been rewarding in many aspects and I've learned a lot, one of the biggest things I've learned is that my heart is in elementary school. I really missed all the subjects, the stronger relationships with my students and just the general culture of the lower grades.

Even better, I'll be returning to the school I taught at last year, which I really loved.

I'll be teaching 5th grade, and I'm excited to go to science camp, teach about the revolutionary war (5th grade was my favorite year of school), solar systems, the human body, more challenging math, and of course, language arts. I think I'm in a really good place to teach this grade, now that I really know what 6th graders need to know.

I'm hoping to really get into the curriculum this summer and I'm very excited to begin my 4th year of teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment