Friday, September 9, 2011

Going East: Reservoir Run

After a leisurely morning, where we actually got to sleep in, Ed, Sabine and I headed to the reservoir to enjoy the muggy, but not quite as intensely heated day in this beautiful place.


Sabine came to walk, while Ed and I planned to do 4 or so miles. 


The run started with a "great" steep descent down hundreds of stairs. We opted to run around to the right to avoid the immediate climb, though we soon found ourselves passing "no trespassing signs." Hoping they referred to the water, rather than the path, we kept going, until we reached the other side. 


From there, there was a dirt path that took us up and over the other side, where we had flat, smooth fire trail that went next to the lake. 

After the harsh, difficult runs earlier that week, this was wonderful. I felt the best I had felt all week, and was really enjoying feeling rested and able to be out and active. 


Before we knew it, it was time to turn around. This time, we took the stairs down and up. I'm a pretty cautious stair climber, myself, so Ed thundered past me here, as I timidly headed down. In fact, he made it all the way up the other side and back down again before I was more than halfway up the up side. He took that last section with me, as I labored up the hot stairs, and soon, we were done. 


Finally, we were heading back and getting ready for the weekend's main event, the wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment