Saturday, September 27, 2014

California Adventures: Celebrating Four Years...


Since our actual anniversary celebration was pretty low key, we decided to take advantage of having built in babysitters and being back in the city where we met, to have a belated anniversary date.


This was the first time we left Evan alone for longer than an hour, and to be honest, I was a bit nervous. He'd never been put to bed by anyone but me, and I wasn't sure how it'd go. 


Luckily, my parents had it under control, so it wasn't too hard to leave behind responsibilities and head out for a night of fun.

We headed to Gabriella's, a little place that we went on a couple dates back when we were first dating. 


For our appetizer, we got deconstructed bruschetta. It mentioned bone marrow, but we were still shocked when a huge, split bone was brought out! We were a little unsure at first, since we've never ordered bone marrow before, but it was delicious! Such a fun treat!  


We shared a bottle of wine, which was the first real serving of wine I'd had in a very long time, and was lovely.


The food was excellent, but even more so was just spending some quality, stress free time with my husband, reflecting on our wonderful year. With the pregnancy, and then the birth of Evan, it's been, quite possibly, the happiest year I've ever had. 

After dinner, we headed for a walk on west cliff. Watching the waves roll in with moonlight reflecting over the water, I couldn't help but feel that it was the perfect way to celebrate our 4th year of marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment