Sunday, September 14, 2014

Recipe Round-up



I enjoyed doing this last week, and since I'm getting almost all from pinterest, it's easy to share them here :). So, here are some winners from this week!


These were super yummy! Instead of buying ground chicken, I threw three chicken breasts in a food processor and it worked great. I also added cherry tomatoes to the guacamole, and paired it with grilled zucchini.

~salmon2
Herb and Pecan crusted Salmon. We're apparently on a "top salmon with nuts" kick. I wish we had thought to make salmon like this before. With all the basil we have growing in our garden, and pecans from Costco, so it was easy and convenient, and oh so tasty. 

6 Ingredient Slow Cooker Pot Roast | DeliciouslyOrganic.net (grain free, paleo)
This one was a little "meh" but entirely due to user error. Our crock pot is very bare bones (I'm hoping for a new one for my birthday/christmas) and doesn't have any lights or anything to let you know if it's on. So, I made the meal, plugged it in, and turned it on, then went about my afternoon. I checked on it about an hour and a half later, only to find it completely cold. Ends up that the outlet needed to be reset and wasn't working. So, I replugged it in, but the damage was done. Dinner wouldn't be ready until 10pm, so I had to go to a plan B. That meant that we cooked this almost completely the first night (we couldn't quite stay up until 10pm), and then finished it the following. Unfortunately, this meant that it got a bit dried out. It was ridiculously easy though, so I definitely want to try it again with an outlet that actually works :). 

Balsamic-Glazed Pork Chops and Polenta Recipe
Balsamic Pork. This was a "freezer meal" I made a few weeks ago that was perfect for the night of the failed crock pot meal (I'd already been defrosting it for the following night. It was due to be grilled, but since this was the night Ed gets home late, I opted to pan fry and then finish in the oven. Great flavors on this - easy and as a freezer meal, the marinade really had time to soak in. 

All in all, a great week for food. That said, I'm looking forward to our standing happy hour date and leftovers on Friday nights. Such a great way to celebrate the end of the week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment