Monday, March 28, 2011

Menu Planning Monday


Monday: Salmon and salad
This was so long ago, I've actually sort of forgotten what we had, but I think this is it :). Yummy, easy and healthy

Tuesday: Beef Tacos
For this, I use the 4% fat ground beef, which works great. I wanted to make it extra filling, so I added a can of black beans, a bunch of frozen corn, and onions to the beef. I ate this as more of a stew (since it was very sauce-y), and put the mixture in a bowl and then topped it with torn up tortilla. 
Wednesday: Roasted Pork Tenderloin and VeggiesOur "recipe" from two weeks ago! This was great, and I had enough leftovers for two lunches :). 

Thursday: Morrocan Chicken with Apricots and Butternut Squash
A labor intensive but very awesome one pot dish that is seasoned with cinnimon, coriander and cumin. The squash is a pain to cut up, but it makes a ton of food!

Friday: Homemade Pepperoni and Roasted Red Pepper Pizza (Trader Joe's Dough)
This was a very fun friday night activity. I finally figured out how to cook this pizza dough to get it crispy! I coated the pan in spray and then cornmeal and put the pizza dough in for about 10 minutes. Once it got crispy, I flipped it and cooked for another 8 or so minutes (this is key!! it get the crust crispy on the top and bottom. Then, we topped it and popped it in the oven for another 10 minutes or so. 



Ended up going a little too long, but was very tasty. We had it with TJs lager beer - very tasty!

Saturday: Date Night at Elements (Vietnamese French Fusion)
This was a fun new experience as we tried out another restaurant, curtesy of Yelp. It was tasty, a little on the pricy side, but felt like a "special" dinner. We started with spring rolls (shrimp and pork wrapped with some veggies in rice paper wraps) and a salad with blue cheese and a orange vinegrete (it was a little too orangey for me). 


For main courses, I got scallops and prawns in a sweet pea butter sauce, with rice (very good).

(from yelp - not my picture, but just what my dish looked like)


Ed got Tea Smoked Duck (which he loved!).

(also from yelp)


It was a very nice evening out, and a perfect way to spend a Saturday night!

Sunday: To Mero Mole
We had the good fortune to have my sister, Kortney, visiting, and decided to share the deliciousness of Tu Mero Mole with her. She had steak fajitas, Ed his carne asada burrito (as per last visit), and I tried their red snapper fish tacos (which had gotten good reviews). They were very tasty and crispy! We enjoyed our meal with a big bag of chips and delicious margaritas, courtesy of Ed. 

1 comment:

  1. Addy, that pizza looks great! Love roasted red peppers as a pizza topping. So sweet and delicious! And your date night restaurant looks incredible. I would have been all over that duck dish. Wow!

    ReplyDelete