Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Midweek Randoms

As you can see, I have decked my blog for the holiday. I never thought before about changing my blog background with any regularity, but I have to say that I'm enjoying playing around with it.

This week has been *much* better in terms of workload, which has been lovely. I am being observed for the science research again this Friday, but am much less nervous, and have just been able to relax and enjoy my kiddos.

I've also been having some nice runs. I ran two 7 milers this past weekend (when was the last time I ran 14 miles in 2 days?) and have so far run a 3.5 and a 4 this week. Ed was scoffing at the "lack" of mileage for my training program, since this month is pretty "light"(though I think I am going to sign up for a 1/2 marathon on New Year's Eve), but the next two months really build. I'd forgotten about the fact that I'll need to be fitting in pretty long runs on Wednesday night (i.e. 8-10 miles) in the not too distant future, but I'll worry about that when the time comes.

In the next month, my evenings are also going to be filled with something new - Spanish class! Ed and I have decided to sign up for them at the local city college, since we keep talking about it, I'll get 5 units, and it will be great in my profession to know Spanish (though depending on where we move, I might not get as much practice as I'd like).

Only 7 more teaching days until Winter Break - I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment