Monday, November 26, 2012

Thankfulness: 26


Today, I am thankful for a super productive afternoon that made me very happy. I've been trying to make more of an effort to have a fuller and more enjoyable life outside of work, so I took on an ambitious agenda today.  Granted, staying an extra hour and a half after work (on top of the regular hour we need to stay) meant for a late start to my after work evening (i.e. 6pm), but I didn't let it discourage me.

First, I  headed to target, where I picked up some more holiday decorations for our home. I am especially in love with our new stocking hangers.

Deer Stocking Holder - Bronze

They look so pretty on our mantle (and I'm loving that I actually have a mantle and fireplace over which to hang our fireplaces). 

After Target, even though I was really pushing my time, I still got myself to the gym and ran 3 miles. I am "renting" Hunger Games on audiobook on my phone, so I really enjoyed listening to that, and hitting a fast pace. 


As soon as I was done with my run, I rushed home to start dinner before Ed got home. Unfortunately, he showed up about 2 minutes later. Thankfully the new recipe I tried was super quick and easy. So, I'm very thankful for that! We had fish tacos with cod, and they were quite different from anything we usually cook, but definitely a keeper. I was surprisingly a fan on the cole slaw topping - I usually dislike cabbage, but it added a great texture to the dish. 



So, it's been a great day. I'm pretty tired, but in a good, non-burned out way. Tomorrow, I'm hoping for another full afternoon that we can hopefully use to tackle Christmas lights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment