Monday, November 12, 2012

Thankfulness: Ed's Birthday

Today's thankfulness is pretty easy (I consider myself fortunate that it seems like I'm finding it easy to find things to be thankful for every day).

Today, my wonderful amazing husband turned 32.


I am so thankful that I've gotten to see him grow and change (and yet stay very much the same) over these last five years. I've seen his love for trail running from that very first run, through 50ks and 50 milers, from race wins to solo trail runs, and I feel so proud of him for how amazingly he's taken to this sport. I'm also thankful that he keeps me going out on the trails, pushing me out of my comfort zones and reminding me of why I started trail running 6  years ago. 

I also very much appreciate that Ed's birthday almost always falls over a holiday weekend, so we always have an excuse to plan some sort of wonderful trip. This year we headed to Flagstaff where we were snowed on (in Arizona - can you believe it?!?), had some amazing time out in nature, and then topped off the trip with a side stop in Sedona, where we were completely wowed by the red rocks. 

So, thank you Ed, for letting me part of these last 5 years of your life, and for letting us have such a wonderful birthday celebration. 


No comments:

Post a Comment