Sunday, November 18, 2012

Thankfulness: 18 - Renovations

Today, I thought I'd share thankfulness for our home, and the time/energy to make updates. As I've shared plenty about, we have done a pretty good amount of painting. The living room was very much a joint project with Ed and I. These next rooms were 100% my choice to paint. Ed was pretty much burned out on painting after our wonderful living room. 

(notice our new dining room rug? It was Ed's birthday present from me - we love finally having all our rugs for this room). 

Since we moved, though, I'd always wanted to redo our laundry room. When we moved in, this was what we had:

Messy, chaotic, neon green, and a room that did nothing to show off our pretty washer and dryer. It was especially frustrating since we have to go through this room every time we go to or from the garage. 

So, I took advantage of Kortney's visit and decided to tackle these rooms. 

The result?

So in love with the changes! We used leftover paint from the living room, so it was a very inexpensive project. All we really bought were the baskets.

It took me until this weekend, but I finally almost finished this room by installing this beauty. 
Originally we had a funky yet practical place to hang our bags, but it was something I'd really wanted to update. I saw this idea on Pinterest, so with Ed gone, I decided to try my best. Ends up? I'm not so great at DIY. Nonetheless, it's strong, looks okay, and works really well. I still want to add two more hooks to fill in the space a little more, but I love how it adds to the wall. 

The other update is all thanks to Kortney. Unfortunately, I don't have a before picture that I can find of our guest bath, but it was bad. Olive green and brown walls made this a claustrophobic space. We painted it the appropriately named "contemplation," making this our "room of contemplation."

We still want to do a few things to this room, like hang white shelves next to the mirror, frame out the mirror, and get new fixtures. But, it's a great start. 

So, I am thankful that we've been able to make such progress on our home, and, room by room, make it even more us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment