Friday, November 15, 2013

Week 17 and Thankfulness 15

Weeks continue to speed by! Loving that we're getting closer to 20 :)

(As my principal said, I'm starting to look like there's a human growing inside of me! I'm also looking super tired. That'll go away someday, right?)

Thankfulness: Again, super thankful for Friday. Also, though, I'm thankful that my husband and I share a love of music. His concert band performed with a high school band at a concert last night, and it was so nice to get to hear both groups. Watching the high school band brought back a lot of good memories of performing in the orchestra - the kids all looked so cute! And it's always fun to see Ed's group. Their sound was wonderful. My heart *may* have swelled a little getting to see him lead the group in the tuning and hearing him with the solos he had. So proud of him for being in this community band, and doing such a good job with it. I really look forward to attending concerts with our little one some day and really hope they also develop a love of music. 

How Far Along?  17 weeks!

Size of the Baby? Baby has grown another half an inch and 2.4 ounces this week! I wonder if this growth spurt is why I felt bigger and sicker this week?


Sleep? Tired, tired, tired. I woke up last night at 2 and got super hungry, so I had to get up and get a snack. Didn't fall back asleep until at least 4, so I am exhausted today. I've had a few other days where I'm not sure how much I got back to sleep after my 3am wake-up, but know I was awake before the alarm went off. Next week will be better, right?



Eating? Still felt sick at least half of the days. Got to admit, I'm really sick of feeling sick. Thankfully, I can still make myself eat, but gagging all day while teaching sort of sucks. I just keep telling myself that eventually I'll have a good day, and that it's all part of the process. Really hoping things turn around this week, though. 

Exercise: I did awesome with exercise this week, if I do say so myself. Here's my breakdown from DailyMile!



I made my goal of 5 days of exercise and pushed myself with a 4 mile hike and 3 miles to and from the gym. Hope I can keep it up!


Best Moment? Visiting Prescott and going on our hike. Or maybe just spending time with Ed in general being active. I loved our hike and our gym trip together. Being active together has sort of been a foundation of our relationship, but hasn't always happened with injuries (and morning sickness). So, it's nice to have this back for right now. 


Milestones: I *may* have felt the baby move this week. Still not sure, but I felt some distinctly different sensations this week that I couldn't really place. Belly is also feeling much more pregnant and big. 

Mommy Update: Honestly, I'm just really to move into that nausea free, energetic 2nd trimester. I am so thankful that I have been better than a few weeks ago, but I'm still having trouble handling all my work stuff with feeling less than ideal. It will get better though, and I am so thankful to have all these reminders that our little one is growing. Very excited that we'll know if we're having a little boy or girl in 2 1/2 weeks!

Baby Update: I am amazed by how much our baby has grown this week (and will continue to grow in the next few weeks). It's bones are turning into real bones, gaining fat, and getting a thicker umbilical cord. It's practicing sucking and swallowing and its brain is regulating its heart. Getting so big and independent :). Can't wait to see you soon on your next ultrasound, baby, and see how much you've grown. 

Happy Weekend! 

I'm linking up with:

1 comment:

  1. I love how much you love and appreciate Ed!

    ReplyDelete