Sunday, June 5, 2011

Our First Meal Back

The week before last, Ed and I had the unfortunate experience of coming down with the flu. It was my first (and hopefully only) time of having to leave literally in the middle of teaching (I had to call the office and have someone cover the rest of my classes), and when I finally started recovering on Saturday, it was Ed's turn. 

Needless to say, tasty food was not a commodity in our home for about a week. However, after living off chicken broth, saltines, and toast, Ed and I were more than ready for something hearty, flavorful, and satisfying. 

Here's what we chose:

Turkey burgers, topped with carmelized and wine soaked onions and goat cheese, and placed on a delicious bun. 

It was heavenly. 

I hadn't had the flu in ages, but now that it's passed, I can appreciate the positives. I now really do appreciate my ability to consume flavorful foods on a daily basis, to experiment with flavors and create meals that are satisfying. I also appreciate feeling healthy and capable of doing whatever I want, without being limited by my body. 

I am so thankful to be healty again, and hopefully it will be another 10 years before the stomach flu decides to visit again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment