Wednesday, November 2, 2011

30 Days of Thankfulness: Days 1 and 2

I saw this on my friend Christine's blog, and thought I would jump on the bandwagon, as I was just thinking last night now important it is to be concious of what you are thankful for. Basically, each day in November you state something you are thankful for. So, here are mine, from today and yesterday.

Day 1:
Yesterday, I was thankful to have the option to take a sick day when I needed it.

While I'm not really into the cutesy pics with misspelled headings, this one is pretty cute, and is definitely the cutest of the "sick day" images I could find :) (source)

 I am so grateful that I have sick days built up and that I was able to sleep in until 9 yesterday and recover somewhat from this cold I got on Sunday.

Day 2:
Today, I am thankful that my students are overall really sweet. One has brought me an apple for snack a few times,


and it has really made my morning to not only have a delicious snack, but to feel like my students care. I also appreciated that my students missed me when I was gone. After last year, having a group of kids who is genuinely caring is so very wonderful.

I am also thankful to have a caring principal, who left me leave the staff meeting early since I wasn't feeling well, and told me that I should stay home tomorrow, too, if I'm not feeling better. Of course, there always feels like there is too much to do, so I don't think I will actually stay home - hopefully an evening of no talking will put my voice back to normal :). Still, I do feel thankful to work at such a great school.



Tomorrow, I hope to be thankful for a speedy recovery from this cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment