Saturday, November 5, 2011

Thankfulness: Day 5

Saturdays are good days to feel thankful. Right now, I'm feeling thankful for....

  • as predicted, being able to sleep in. Sleeping in this morning was heavenly. I woke up a few times, but finally got up after 10am! So lovely. 
  • Candles. It's sort of a weird thing to be thankful for but, since we don't have a fireplace, this is as close as I can get to the warmth of a fire on a chilly fall day. 
(source)
someday, we'll be able to have a real fireplace!

  • Dinner with friends, at our monthly knitting night. Last night's dinner went great! The lasagna turned out perfectly, taught me that pre-made meals for guests is definitely the right call. It was so blissfully unstressful before everyone arrived, since I had already made the lasagna and the salad. All I had to do was pop the lasagna in the oven and toss the salad to prep once people were here. For dessert, I made these, 
source
 Pumpkin Souffles from Trader Joes, which were super easy and tasty with a little scoop of ice cream on top, and had that perfect fall taste. We also had a pot of my favorite tea flavor, almond biscotti.
It was really fun to break out my cups and saucers - I use them often, but it was nice to use the set.


  • having a lazy day. I'm still not feeling as unsick as I'd like, so I'm thankful I can just have a couch day, reading and watching tv and knitting (and working on some report cards - joys of this time of year). Still, it's nice to rest. 




p.s. I'm not sure if I've mentioned that my camera met an (un)timely end a few weeks ago. Hence the numerous amount of pictures from other sources. Hopefully this will be rectified soon!

1 comment:

  1. A day of reading, watching tv, and knitting sounds heavenly, especially after a hard week at school.

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete