Sunday, November 13, 2011

Thankfulness: Day 13

I think I'm starting to feel this posting every day - almost halfway there, though, right? I do like being so reflective, though, so maybe when this month is over, I'll still do something once a week about things I'm thankful for.

Today, I am thankful for the opportunity to take a great trip this past weekend. The last 3 days, I've been up at Tahoe with Ed and some friends, celebrating Ed's birthday and enjoying this "secret" time to visit Tahoe. The week before "winter season" begins, Tahoe is quiet, relatively inexpensive, and gorgeous. Leaves changing to vibrant hues, enough snow in the mountains and on the side of the road to get that wintery feel, but none on the road to make it dangerous, and just the right crispness in the air to make curling up inside seem like the perfect way to spend the afternoon.

I'll share more about the trip later, with lovely pictures, but for now, I'll just be thankful for such a wonderful opportunity as I transition back into the real world of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment