Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thankfulness: Day 17

I'll be honest. At the end of my teaching day, I wasn't exactly feeling thankful. The 6 days between Veteren's Day and Thanksgiving are always a bit rough, as the kids are a bit more keyed up with the prospect of all the days off. Added to that, I've been teaching algebraic equations, which have been really challenging for the kids (they can totally solve for a variable, given an equation, but they can't create an equation from a word problem. We're on day 3, and I feel like I'm just banging my head against the wall).

In any event, I was more than ready for the end of the day. Thankfully, once I got home from work, I had plenty to be thankful for. I am thankful that Ed went on a run with me (meaning 3 days of running in a row!). I am thankful that I had time to cook a delicious meal (polenta, chicken and kale) with a ton of garlic, and I'm thankful that Ed doesn't have any issue with my adding probably around 10 heads of garlic into the dish (between the kale, chicken and polenta). It was delicious.

I am also thankful that my report cards are heading out tomorrow - 3 more months until I have to go through that again!

Hopefully tomorrow will be a fun, wonderful teaching day.

No comments:

Post a Comment