Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Thankfulness: Day 8


 20 minutes.


That's how long it took me to get home today. You can bet I felt thankful that whole drive!

I am so thankful that my training today ended just after 3pm, which meant I was on the road by 3:10 and able to have a traffic free drive home. Lately, my commute has be taking 40 minutes to an hour (on the best days it's 30 minutes after school).

Today, I got home at the time I am normally allowed to leave campus.

With all this extra time (and extra energy - traffic is so tiring!), I'm going to go for a run, and try to get most of my report cards done.

Thank you thank you, for the traffic free commute today.


-edit: I also had to come back to add in that I am very thankful that I went for my run today. I was reflecting on the run that it had been about a month since I've gone on a run, out of my own motivation, for any lenth of distance. I just did 3 miles today, but it felt great (though in full disclosure, the first mile felt a lot greater than the rest).

I may or may not have mentioned that I've signed myself up for a marathon, that I'll be running in March. Now, it's been a long long time since I've run more than 13 miles,
Old Me, back when I was quite the awesome runner :)
and I'm a bit apprehensive. But, I've signed up with a friend, and we're planning on training together.

A month ago, I had a lot more confidence, as I was maintaining that 13 miles at a time base. Now, I'm a little less sure, but ready or not, the training will be *officially* starting my training at the end of the month, so I better get back into a running routine.

So, hopefully all the runs in my near future, will be as lovely as today's.

No comments:

Post a Comment